7月28日(火)午後4時27日、ちょうど科目「術者倫理」(生命工学科向け)の補講をはじめて直ぐの頃合いでした。あまり使い慣れていない教室を割り当てられたので、画面表示や音響の操作に右往左往しながら、やっと話しはじめた時だった。(そもそもコントロールセンターが電源が中途半端な形で立ち上がっていたため、再起動するすることになったのだけど)ひと通り何かを説明した途端に、学生たちのスマホから、アラートがなりはじめた。目の前にいるみんながが何々といいながらスマホを取り出して画面を確認している。だれかが、「地震地震!」と言ったので、これから揺れがくるのだろうかと少し身構えたのだけど、また別の誰かが「揺れてる揺れてる、気持ち悪い」といった。僕は立っていたからなのか、鈍感になってしまっているためなのか、まったく揺れを感じられなかった。特に、建物内のアラートがなることはなかっただけど、取り合えず教室の外、建物の外まで見回り揺れの影響を確認した。特段影響は見当たらなかった。震源地が熊本だということで、親戚など安否確認をしたい人は、電話連絡など行っていいですよと促した。北九州市でも震度4を記録した町があったらしい。近い地域でも揺れ方には差があるようなので、わたしのいた場所は比較的軽度に済んだのだろう。しばらくは余震の発生が心配されるので、注意しておきたい。
It was 4:27 p.m. on Tuesday, July 28, right after I had just started the make-up class for the course “Engineering Ethics” (for the Department of Biomedical Engineering). I had been assigned a classroom I wasn’t very familiar with, so I was scrambling to figure out the screen display and audio controls when I finally began speaking. (To begin with, the control center had booted up in a half-baked state, so I ended up having to restart it.) The moment I finished explaining something, alerts started going off on the students’ smartphones. Everyone in front of me was saying things like “What’s that?” as they pulled out their phones to check their screens. Someone shouted, “Earthquake! Earthquake!” so I braced myself a little, thinking the shaking was about to start, but then someone else said, “It’s shaking! It’s shaking! This feels weird.” Maybe because I was standing, or maybe because I’d become desensitized, but I didn’t feel any shaking at all. There were no alerts inside the building, but just to be safe, I went outside the classroom and checked the area around the building to see if there was any impact from the tremor. I didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary. Since the epicenter was in Kumamoto, I encouraged anyone who wanted to check on the safety of relatives or others to give them a call. Apparently, some towns in Kitakyushu also recorded a seismic intensity of 4. It seems the intensity of the shaking varied even in nearby areas, so the area where I was must have been relatively unaffected. There are concerns about aftershocks for a while, so I’ll need to stay vigilant. by DeepL
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿